Posts on Rite of Passage
Mens Rites of Passage (MROP) is a unique five-day/four night profound experience that builds on the classic patterns of male initiation through simple and moving rituals and teaching. Each day includes group prayer, major teachings on central masculine spirituality themes, quiet time for reflection and sharing in the context of a small group.
In the words of the program’s founder – Richard Rohr:
“Men are asked to come with a willingness to participate from beginning to end and not as an observer. All participants begin at point zero with no agendas to live up to or down to. All that is required is for a man to come with a “beginner’s mind’ and the readiness of a novice seeking wisdom. Ultimately, initiation, like life itself, is not a spectator sport.”
- A personal discovery about masculine spirituality and “the Holy Mystery.”
- A time to savor the healing and awesome power of nature.
- A process to address issues of loss, grief, and relationships with our father, other men, and others.
- An opportunity to examine life’s priorities and ask courageous questions about your next step.
- An invitation to listen to the quiet voice of God.
- A chance to return to life with a renewed commitment to your gifts.
- A traditional lecture-based retreat.
- An informational workshop about men’s spirituality.
- A sensitivity training or deprivation experience.
- A threatening process that requires participants to engage in anything strange or unsafe.
- A test of physical stamina.
What do past MROP participants have to say?
” I came to MROP trying to find myself, Instead I found us….the great US….. I found myself amongst a community of men where I could be named and truly seen”
Would you like to know more about Men’s Rites of Passage? Click Here
MROP 2021 Details
Date: 10th – 14th August 2021
Venue: Camp Somerset, Stanley Pocket Rd, via Esk Queensland
Price: $795, which includes accommodation, meals, materials and transport from Brisbane CBD (Early bird price of $725 if paid in full by 30th June 2021). Payment plans are available. See here
If you are short on time fill out the EOI form online (2mins) and we contact you about next steps
Online MROP Expression of Interest Form
If you want to jump right in please fill out the form below (15mins) and we will contact you regarding the outcome of your application
Online MROP Application Form
This is not about religion but about spirituality, about age old traditions that guide us into manhood, about coming to trust that there is something much greater at work in our lives than we could ever imagine.
Returning Initiated Men
For men who have done MROP in the past, the returning men’s program invites you to revisit your rites, deepen your own journey with other initiated men, and celebrate with this year’s initiates in the closing rites and in the feast afterwards. Led by the founder of Centre for Men Rob Jones with a team of elders, the program runs from Friday afternoon until Saturday afternoon and costs $100 and includes teaching, reconnection with other men and engagement with the ongoing journey through an embodied, ritual-based encounter. Hundreds of men have found profound meaning in returning to the place of their initiation and experiencing again the sacred process of initiation. To register as a returning man at this year’s rites, complete the registration form below. Numbers are limited and registrations close on 1st August 2021.