An opportunity to get out into the Bush to reflect and encounter our natural world.
By contemplating the natural and interconnected way of nature we can realise and remember our own “natural inter-connectedness”. Connection to ourselves, our creator, the created realm and one another.
In our busy and fragmented world it we need to take the time to tend our souls and give our hearts space to breath. Time for Re-creation & renewal.
Bush Retreat days have time built into them:
- Time for Community; sharing together the driving & walking time.
- Time for Exercise; the walks into our retreat space are usually around an hour and suitable for most fitness levels.
- Time for Solitude; with much time to wander & explore and/or sit and contemplate.
- Time for Guided Reflection; included is a 30min Reflected Listening Session with one of our qualified guides, to help deepen your experience.
Bush Retreat Day is open to all with a moderate level of fitness and an open heart.
Meet at Boonah or Kalbar usually around 8am Returning 3-4pm.
Bush Retreat Day is an activity of Centre for Men Australia. A non-denominational, not for profit charity, dedicated to walking with men and their families.
Dates for 2020:
First Half of 2020 Dates!!!!
Finally, apologies for those wanting to fit Bush Retreat Days into your schedules.
But here are the 5 days I have planned for the First half of the year.
– Friday 20th March
– Wednesday 1st April (Yes April Fools Day – you’d be a fool to miss out )
– Wednesday 22nd April
– Wendesday 27th May Almost definitely will be Mt May as I love to ponder what is truely possible on Mt May in May)
-Friday 19th June
I will put up individual events on Facebook for each day in the coming weeks, but in the meantime feel free to contact me and lock in a place for any or all of them.
I haven’t settled on venues for all of them as yet as we still have Areas of National Park closed from the combination of Fires & All the glorious rain.
I was speaking with Justin the local National Parks Head Ranger for Western Scenic Rim In Mid February and he is hoping they will have all sections of all parks open in the next few weeks, but the rain & in some spots flooding has stopped them being able to get in and clear tracks from fallen trees and all manner of things, but with all of the rain the bush is so amazingly alive. Creeks Flowing, dams full, Trees bursting forth with new life, animals in abundance.
Looking forward to guiding you deeper into the Great Conversation between yourself & all that is.