Dates for 2017
- Group 1 10th-2th March 2017 and 21st-23rd April (2 out of 5 already booked)
- Group 2 21st-23rd July and 21st-23rd September (1 out of 5 already booked)
Cost $300 per weekend including teaching accommodation and meals.
Formation Director will be Rob Jones.
What is Spiritual Formation?
The process that takes place in us, as the life of the Spirit of God transforms our life, through deepening love and intimacy with Father, Son and Holy Spirit, remaking us in the likeness of Jesus Christ, in His love for the Father and the world. (R. Thomas Ashbrook)
“When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.” – Henri Nouwen
“To be a minister means above all to become powerless, or in more precise terms, to speak with our powerlessness to the condition of powerlessness which is so keenly felt but so seldom expressed by the people of our age.” – Henri Nouwen.”
These formation weekends are intended to develop the following key spiritual qualities:
- Self-awareness: distilling increasing self-knowledge into wisdom making.
- Spiritual maturity: deepening intimacy with God through a range of spiritual disciplines resulting in an extension of spiritual virtues.
- Leadership capacity: broadening influence and spiritual authority through the development of key spiritual qualities that result in resilience in leadership.
- Vocational clarity: discerning and affirming purpose, calling, capacities and life direction.
- Emotional maturity: mastering and extending emotional intelligence, by increasing emotional recognition, expression and regulation.
- Personal integrity: bringing clarity and purity into ones heart and motives and personal transparency
- Relational skills: extending skill-sets that enhance depth of presence attunement and resonance with others.
Expressions of interest should be directed to:
There are 5 spaces and preference will be given to leaders/facilitators of CFMA men’s groups.